Monday, June 16, 2008

Life-sucking Dwell

This is how I feel about my company/current career. It is a life sucking dwell.

Here is my day:
  • I wake up around 5-5:30 and physically force myself to get out of bed
  • take a shower
  • put on suits that I hate to wear
  • get in my car, which lacks any sort of balance between sport and comfort
  • sit in traffic
  • park
  • walk into a building that I hate going to
  • sit in my office all day staring at my computer screen and spend the entire day doing work that is so unbelievably pointless that I can't even believe it is a career
  • sit in traffic some more
  • go to the gym (if I go), which I also hate
  • go home
  • cook dinner
  • clean up
  • do more work that I hate
  • go to bed
  • repeat

This is my life. While I have left out some of the things that actually make me happy, like seeing my husband, in a nutshell, that is my existence. I'm sure it is not unlike many other people's lives in this area. I don't think that I'm so unique or interesting, however, it just makes me wonder why it is that people are willing to continue to be miserable and do this until they retire or die.

Why do we feel like we have to kill ourselves 90% of the time, so that we can spend 10% of our time doing something we actually enjoy?

This cannot possibly be all there is to life.

No comments: