Saturday, September 13, 2008

We're going to go out to lunch...

Just the type of email that you love to get. A calendar invite from your boss telling you to block 2.5 hours out of your day for "lunch." Who wants to have lunch for that long with someone they can barely tolerate? Not me. I say, well I don't know if I really have time in my schedule to take that long due to a client commitment. How about an hour? He says, block the time out of your schedule. We are going. Goodie. So, I'm thinking that this meal better be on Company X because I do not want to pay for this enjoyable afternoon. (Company X doesn't spend money on anything as you can see if you check out our supply cabinet on an old post)

So guess where we go to lunch? Not Morton's or even the freaking Cheesecake Factory. No, we go to Olive Garden. Not that there's anything wrong with Olive Garden, Kendra. But, if I'm going to have to sit through this, I should at least get a decent meal out of it.

Much to my delight, lunch was 3.5 hours, not 2.5 hours. Yipee.

No comments: