Thursday, September 18, 2008

I want to work for Maytag

So I only do laundry maybe every 3rd weekend. Laundry is not enjoyable so I figure why not just ruin one solid day instead of breaking up the displeasure each week. I decided to do laundry one weekend after not having done any for about a month. I turn on the washing machine on "cold/cold" and nothing but scalding hot water comes out. Hmmmm.... Do I just risk shrinking the clothes or wait? I call Maytag since of course we pay for the extended warranty. They get me a really quick service appointment for 8 days later. Then they show up during their 8-4 window and say that a part needs to be ordered. Since I explained exactly what was wrong on the phone, don't you think that the part could have already been ordered prior to your arriving. How many things could cause boiling water to come out of your machine? Much to my joy, the part has to be ordered and shipped to the house (they guarantee this to occur within 14 business days - how freaking convenient). When the part arrives, I'm instructed to call them again and make a service appointment. 9 days later I get the part and make the call and have an appointment for another week after that. The guy shows up, replaces the part and joy the washer is putting out cold water.

I put in a load of desperately needed things and wash about 3 loads before I'm getting burned by the water again. So I immediately call Maytag and say the guy left a couple of hours ago and he is probably still in the area. Can't they radio him and let him know that he needs to come back and order something else? No, of course not. So, I explain that if I have to wait for a 3rd service call that all they are going to do is say they need another part and then the whole process begins again. She says that there is no way to order a part without a service call as the driver. WTF.

So I wait around all day again yesterday for a guy to come and say another part needs to be ordered. But, I guess I need to look at the bright side where it will be on my doorstep guaranteed within 14 days. Awesome.

I just love how there are so many people that have you by the balls on a daily basis and there is not one thing you can do about it except sit around commando since you haven't been able to wash your underwear for 2 months.

No comments: