Monday, July 7, 2008

Fat Nurse Strikes Again

So, when I got my allergy shots this past week, Fat Nurse was at it again. Always trying to solve the world's problems. Particularly my world. I have been getting two allergy shots a week for most of my life, starting at age 7 or 8. However, this is the first allergy doctors office which requires that you sit there wasting 30 minutes of your life after your injections. Wasting time is the thing that I hate the most, so having to do it weekly, held captive by Fat Nurse really upsets me.

So this week, Fat Nurse decides that I need a dog. Perhaps she forgot for a minute that she had just given me two allergy injections and thought that the absolute best thing for me to do is get a dog. Seems very logical and right in line with my health needs.

Fat Nurse: You know what you need? You need a dog. You know something to cuddle up with and love on ya.

Me: Ummm that is what I have my husband for.

Fat Nurse: Oh, you're a newlywed, that will change.

Me: Even so, why would I get a dog. 1) I'm allergic to dogs 2) If I wanted a dog, I would just have a kid 3) I live in a townhouse with no yard. I hate people that get animals and don't have a proper living arrangement to suit them. It is selfish and I wouldn't do that to a pet. 4) I'm not really a dog person, if I were going to get a pet, I would get a cat.

Fat Nurse: Well, you really should get a cat then.

Me: Well, we think about it sometimes, but I am allergic. Plus, we think about all the things cats do like scratch furniture, climb all over everything, get fur on your furniture, etc. and then we think maybe we only like the idea of a cat and we don't really want a cat.

Fat Nurse then decides to go into a 15 minute conversation about how her daddy taught her how to shoot a gun in their field in TN and she never felt as safe until she had her Chow. Went into detail about how she made her decision to get a Chow and all of the other wonderful things about owning a Chow. She did this all about 5 minutes before my 30 minute sentence was up. So, I stand up trying to make her check my arms so I could escape, but no, she just kept right on yapping.

Why do people think that they have a better idea about how you should be living your life than you do? I would never talk to someone and say, you really need a pet.

Fat Nurse is just a special type of person that I always say I won't let bother me, but she always strikes again.

No comments: