Monday, November 3, 2008

Why yes, I would LOVE to get another cert...

Why is it that employers have this great way of getting you to do things that you have no interest in doing? More importantly, why is it that we allow this to happen? A few extra nickels come review time? So, I am currently attending a review course on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-9:30 (which never ends on time). I remember how I maintained this schedule just fine in graduate school, but somehow it is so much more difficult for me now. I guess I'm just old. Or perhaps it is because I actually was interested in my graduate degrees and not interested in being a CISSP.

If you could pick one certification that is not for me, it is this one. I should not be getting this certification. I am not a technical expert and I should not be pretending to be one. If by some stroke of luck, I actually pass this exam, it is further proof that certifications are a crock of shit. They mean nothing other than anyone that is willing to give up their life for 4 months can get this cert.

I spend basically every waking hour reading this awful book to prepare for this test and know just about 1% more than I did before I gave up what tiny amount of my life actually exists.

So, I ask again, why do we do this stuff to ourselves? Why would I kill myself for a certification that I do not even want that is only marketable in a career field that I already know I don't want to be in? I am clearly an idiot.

No comments: