Monday, November 3, 2008

Thank God Tomorrow is Election Day

I really don't think I can handle one more political ad or one more random stranger knocking on our door demanding to know who we are voting for and why. Even if I was somehow part of this insane population of people who are still "undecided," what makes you think that your annoying presence and the other 7 knocks at my door on a Sunday are going to change my mind?? If anything, it would make me hate the candidate you are supporting for allowing people like you to hassle me.

Here is a great quote about the "undecided" voter:

"I look at these people and can't quite believe that they exist. Are they professional actors? I wonder. Or are they simply laymen who want a lot of attention? To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. "Can I interest you in the chicken?" she asks. "Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it? To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked."
- Author David Sedaris, on undecided voters


I am going to put a sign on the door today that says Do NOT knock on this door unless:
You are delivering a package that I have requested.
You are handing me money.
You are an invited guest.

If you do not meet the above criteria, you are hindering the chances of your chosen candidate winning.

Thank you and have a nice day!

No comments: